Rock Island Caboose & Coal Tender

This is a restored caboose with a split personality. It was built in 1971 and in service for nine years on the Rock Island Railroad lines. Union Pacific now owns the lines and donated the caboose to the Museum. The side facing the tracks has been painted in the bright yellow of the Union Pacific, while the other side is decked out in the Rock Island red.

The Coal Tender was built in 1923 by the American Locomotive Co. for the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railway. It was donated to the Canadian County Museum by the Rock Island Railroad in 1974.